Curtis Laws Wilson Library
400 W. 14th Street
Rolla, MO 65409-0060
8 AM - Midnight
7 Days a Week
Closed Campus Holidays
Main office: 573-341-4227
Interlibrary Loan: 573-341-4006
Wilson Library Mission, Vision, and Goals
Our mission is to support and advance Missouri S&T's teaching and research by acquiring, organizing, maintaining, and preserving scholarly collections for public access, regardless of form or location, and to provide service and instruction in an atmosphere conducive to study and research. We develop information-competent critical thinkers, and encourage curiosity in our constituency. We provide service and materials to the greater community within the bounds of the Library's resources.
The library aspires to serve as the laboratory for connecting our learning communities with the historical and contemporary resources of scholarship and the record of human imagination.
- To creatively meet the user community needs by linking the information resources and public services in a safe and comfortable environment.
- To develop, maintain and provide effective access to collections in support of teaching, learning, research, and creative expression by providing technological and other tools in support of library programs and services.
- To acquire and maintain current and adequate hardware, software, equipment, and facilities to allow users efficient access to library resources.
- To plan for new trends in the delivery of information and to guide the campus in understanding these trends.
- To explore new partnerships with the academic departments and research programs of the University to create new avenues of scholarly collaboration.
- To develop a program to routinely assess and respond to internal and user needs.
- To continually evaluate ways of using existing resources most effectively and to pursue new opportunities for gaining additional resources to enhance our service and facilities.
- To support a collegial, service-oriented staff through continual training; timely communication; opportunities to develop skills and interests outside their own departments; and competitive remuneration.
last revised: September 2008