For assistance, please contact Matthew Pickens at email@example.com
|Databases||Print Resources||Web Resources|
Use these databases to find journal articles and other materials on civil engineering, environmental engineering, architecture, and related topics.
- ACI Abstract search
Index of materials published by the American Concrete Institute. No full text.
- ASCE Civil Engineering Database
Index of all ASCE publications since 1970. No full text.
- Avery Index to Architectural Periodicals
Citations and abstracts for articles published in the architecture literature.
Articles "providing accurate, unbiased, and timely information designed to help building-industry professionals and policy makers improve the environmental performance, and reduce the adverse impacts, of buildings."
Bibliographic citations and abstracts for engineering and technical literature in a broad range of disciplines, dating back to 1884. Some full text.
- Earthquake Engineering Abstracts
Comprehensive indexing of earthquake engineering literature since 1971. No full text.
- Environmental Engineering Abstracts
Provides bibliographic information and abstracting for international literature focusing on technological and engineering aspects of air, water, energy, and other environmental issues since 1990. No full text.
- Knovel Digital Library
Knovel is a large collection of downloadable science and engineering ebooks, including reference works.
- Materials Research Database
Allows simultaneous searching of several databases containing scholarly literature on a variety of engineered and structural materials. No full text.
Scopus provides multidisciplinary indexing of the science and engineering literature. It is Elsevier's counterpart to ISI's Web of Science, providing the same core functionality but indexing a wider variety of journals and proceedings.
- Technology Research Database
The Technology Research Database simultaneously searches a number of science and technology databases.
- Transportation Research Record
Full text of the Transportation Research Record from 1996-present. Coverage begins with volume 1517.
- TRIS Online
Database containing almost half a million references to transportation research. Links to some full text.
- Fire Protection Handbook
REF TH 9150 .F47 20th 2008
- RS Means Building Construction Data
REF TH 435 .B84 68th 2010
- Encyclopedia of Environmental Science and Engineering
REF TD 9 .E5 2006
- Earthquake Engineering Handbook
REF TA 654.6 .E374 2003
- Handbook of Transportation Engineering
REF TA 1145 .H36 2004
- The Engineer's Career Guide
- National Fire Codes from the National Fire Protection Association -- freely viewable online, free registration required. (If you are using a standard campus computer, you may only be able to view these documents in Internet Explorer.)
- Bridge Engineering -- From SC Solutions
- DoE Engineering Bridge
- Municode.Com -- Searchable collection of municipal codes from across the US
- Caltech Earthquake Engineering Research Library Technical Reports
- ICARIS -- Integrated CAD in Civil Engineering
- National Information Service for Earthquake Engineering
- TranStats -- from the Bureau of Transportation Statistics
- North American Transportation Statistics Database --collaborative effort of the three North American transportation agencies
- US Army Corps of Engineers
- US Green Building Council's LEED Rating System (Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design)
Go to the Subject Guides page
Go to Curtis Laws Wilson Library
Go to the Civil Engineering department
Last Updated 07/07/2010